FOSTERING OUT OF THE BOX THINKING AND ACTIVITIES THAT WILL BOOST CREATIVITY – YOUR CHILD, YOUR CHAMPION SERIES 2
Where Are We Headed?
In my previous blogs I have written about the current state of youth education and where I believe it is headed in the future. In all of my years of teaching I have been fascinated with the work many organizations have been doing to foster creativity and independent thinking. One organization that has paved the way in this area is, The Partnership for 21st Century Skills. This organization has attracted a lot of attention from government, corporations and education in general. This blog is intended to challenge you as parents and educators to learn more about creativity and related activities than can enhance your knowledge while increasing your creativity. An example of this is, AI (Artificial Intelligence) which will define the next generation of learners and thinkers. The marketplace will look for people that can build smart technology that will help make things more efficient and make people’s lives easier and more enriching.
So, where are we headed? To start, let’s acknowledge that our kids are learning faster than ever. It seems as though every day we learn about an antiquated industry or business model that is being disrupted in one way or another. In response and in a reactive manner, many Universities are being pushed by market forces to offer more than just academics. They are building open learning hubs for all sorts of campus activities. What I know for sure is that, more than ever, our students need to think and use creativity and learn innovation to be able to compete in the global marketplace.
Where Will Creativity Play A Role in Students Lives?
- Overall Learning and Innovation Skills Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Information, Media, Technology, Communication
- Self-Direction, Social and Cultural Skills, Leadership
As you can see above, in every category creativity plays a role. It’s unavoidable today. We must get youth and adults to grasp this new way of thinking and begin to feel comfortable in taking more risks while trying new things./
What Youth Can Do to Boost Creativity?
The old saying: if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. Today it’s: If its fixed, or if it works—break it!
- Be a Creator: Create and build something new daily; try a new pattern of doing things
- Learn by Asking: Ask a lot of questions; get a lot of answers
- Learn the Fun Way: Whistle while you work; make learning enjoyable
- Be Bi-lingual: Learn multiple languages! It’s good for youth to learn multiple languages. Click link (https://www.pandatree.com/reason_foreign_language)
- Play Chess! This has been tested and proven to increase critical thinking and creativity
- Be a Problem Solver: Find a problem and come up with solutions to fix it.
- Be Entrepreneurial: Get an idea, plan creatively, and start-up visit (biznovator.com)
BIZNOVATOR is a youth empowerment platform that offers a year-round experience for young people interested in entrepreneurship, social innovation and global leadership. Through our seminars, workshops, summer camps and in school Academies, BIZNOVATOR helps young people to DISCOVER their purpose, TRANSFORM their mindset and CONNECT to their future. We have recently launched our Online Learning Platform, www.mybiznovator.com which enables young people from all over the world to experience our unique BIZNOVATOR programs. We invite you to join us!
Juan Pablo Casimiro is Founder and CEO of BIZNOVATOR. With more than 30 years of empowering youth and adults globally, Casimiro never misses a moment to teach, coach and challenge his clients to live their dreams. Casimiro was born in Dominican Republic and grew up in New York City.